Thursday, 4 February 2010

Introducing Two New Celebrants

Great news: I got a letter today from the Registrar General of Scotland that authorises me to conduct legal weddings as a celebrant of The Humanist Society of Scotland for the next twelve months.

Better still, two alumni of the Maguire Method have also won their Wedding Wings: Louise Young and Brian Hawkins.



Louise lives in Edinburgh where she is a Liberal Democrat member of the City Council. I met her a couple of years ago when she was still called Louise Lang, and I conducted her wedding at Shieldhill Castle down in darkest Lanarkshire, so I was really pleased when I was asked to mentor her last year.



Brian Hawkins, on the other hand, I have known since we met as callow undergraduates at Edinburgh University. His late sister Judy was my first love and I was the best man at his first wedding but then I hardly saw him for twenty years as he decided to live in far off lands...

Now back in Scotland with his family and living just outside Edinburgh, he decided to join the society last year and by good luck I was asked to mentor him too. He's a natural and I'm sure that both he and Louise will become very popular in their own right.

You can find Louise's profile here and Brian's here

No comments:

Seeing with your Head and Heart

Ditte of First Light Weddings is one of my  favourite photographers,  and I'm delighted that she's found the time to contribute th...