Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Distinguished Guests...


We all like to get dressed up for a wedding, and I was really impressed when I saw these gentlemen at Edinburgh Castle, where I was conducting the wedding of Mati and Kenny the other day.

Mati hails from Spain, and her father is a member of La Fundación de la Orden de la Bienaventurada Virgen María de la Merced - or in English, the Order of Our Lady of Mercy - as are many of his friends.

They don't do things by halves there, and all the men were wearing full evening dress, white tie, and medals: I felt distinctly underdressed by comparison!

This photo was taken and sent to me by Clarissa Reyes, who thanked me for  'a memorable ceremony'. I think that's diplomatic language for 'I liked it'  - ciertamente, lo espero, Clarissa!

No comments:

Grant and Natasa’s Humanist Wedding at The Secret Herb Garden

Natasa and Grant’s story began right here in Edinburgh at the start of 2006. Over the course of the next eleven years, it ...