Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Janice and Billy's Humanist Wedding at the Open Arms in Dirleton

Billy and Janice got in touch with me in June to ask if I could conduct their wedding in August. They don't hang about, this pair! 



As Billy wrote in his homework, "Janice and I met on a cruise to Svalbard.  We would meet on deck and talk.  I remember at times thinking I wish she would give me peace so I could get on with trying to watch wildlife. Then I realised she had eyes like a hawk. A memorable time was had as we sailed towards Norway coming out of thick fog like coming out of a curtain into clear blue skies at midnight. Looking back north into the sun, we could see whales breaching out of the water and splashing back into the sea."
 

About a week before the wedding, I got a bit of a shock when Janice contacted me to say that Billy had broken his knee, but that she fully expected him to get to the wedding - "splint, stookie, wheelchair, whatever it takes!"



Of course, Billy did make it to The Open Arms, and it was a deeply emotional day for everyone. Janice sent me these photos, with a wee note of thanks to say, "Billy and I have headed off to Arran on honeymoon, and to relax. The event really can be exhausting - even when your mantra is - we are keeping things simple!"

No comments:

Grant and Natasa’s Humanist Wedding at The Secret Herb Garden

Natasa and Grant’s story began right here in Edinburgh at the start of 2006. Over the course of the next eleven years, it ...