This is a question I'm often asked, so I was really pleased to see this list drawn up by my friend and colleague, Marilyn Jackson.
They're all simple enough and familiar enough to be sung by large groups of people of varying ability, with the possible exception of All You Need Is Love, by The Beatles, which has a really tricky line at the beginning of the second verse.
Don't say I didn't warn you...
• `I do, I do, I do', Abba
• `All You Need Is Love', The Beatles
• `Eight Days a Week', The Beatles
• `I Wanna hold your Hand', The Beatles
• `Love me do', The Beatles
• `When I'm sixty four', The Beatles
• `Bring Me Sunshine' Morcambe and Wise
• `Love and Marriage', Frank Sinatra
• `Happy Together', The Turtles
• `I wanna spend my life with you', The Proclaimers
• `I would walk 500 miles', The Proclaimers
• `Let's Get Married', The Proclaimers
• `I'm a Believer', The Monkees
• `It must be love', Madness, (originally by Labi Siffre)
• `Wonderful World' Louis Armstrong ( with versions by The Ramones and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
To which I would definitely add
• 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You', Andy Williams, and
• `Mairi's Wedding', traditional
If you've got any suggestions, drop me a line and I'll add them and credit you.
Devon and Claire met at University in St. Andrews. They spent three years talking over Skype while Claire studied in Madrid, and Devo...
Do you remember the volcanic eruption that grounded aircraft all over the world for almost a week? Well Eyjafjallajökull was its name, and ...
The Signet Library is one of Edinburgh's most elegant settings for a wedding, well worth travelling half the way around...
Better Late Than Never… Jane and Tim's Humanist Wedding at The Royal College of Physicians - in 2007I love the festival: it's a great time for bumping into old friends, and couples I've married. A few nights back, coming home from...