This is a question I'm often asked, so I was really pleased to see this list drawn up by my friend and colleague, Marilyn Jackson.
They're all simple enough and familiar enough to be sung by large groups of people of varying ability, with the possible exception of All You Need Is Love, by The Beatles, which has a really tricky line at the beginning of the second verse.
Don't say I didn't warn you...
• `I do, I do, I do', Abba
• `All You Need Is Love', The Beatles
• `Eight Days a Week', The Beatles
• `I Wanna hold your Hand', The Beatles
• `Love me do', The Beatles
• `When I'm sixty four', The Beatles
• `Bring Me Sunshine' Morcambe and Wise
• `Love and Marriage', Frank Sinatra
• `Happy Together', The Turtles
• `I wanna spend my life with you', The Proclaimers
• `I would walk 500 miles', The Proclaimers
• `Let's Get Married', The Proclaimers
• `I'm a Believer', The Monkees
• `It must be love', Madness, (originally by Labi Siffre)
• `Wonderful World' Louis Armstrong ( with versions by The Ramones and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
To which I would definitely add
• 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You', Andy Williams, and
• `Mairi's Wedding', traditional
If you've got any suggestions, drop me a line and I'll add them and credit you.
Natasa and Grant’s story began right here in Edinburgh at the start of 2006. Over the course of the next eleven years, it ...
Earlier this year, I found myself over in deepest Ayshire where Chris and Ayns had booked Dalduff Farm for their wedding. It had bee...
With the rise in popularity of humanist weddings in Scotland, more and more people are choosing to come from all around the world to marry h...
I don't give prizes, but if I did, Laura would definitely have got my 2017 Award for the Most Original Entrance of a Bride... Her...