Thursday, 18 February 2010

Humanist Morality

I had a great evening yesterday at the Chaplaincy Centre of the University of Edinburgh, where the Student Humanist Association had asked me to give them a talk on Humanist Morality - a big subject, and one on which I am hardly expert - but what I said seemed to go down well enough, sparking a lively debate which continued in the pub later.

It's just a shame that I hadn't seen this quotation from Bertrand Russell or I would have used it in my slide show: it rather sums up how I feel about the, "is there or isn't there a god?" conversation...


Thanks to Ned, Mary & Stuart for the invitation, and to Mary Catherine from the Chaplaincy Centre for being there too.

No comments:

Claire and Devon's Humanist Marriage at the Royal College of Physicians

Devon and Claire met at University in St. Andrews.  They spent three years talking over Skype while Claire studied in Madrid, and Devo...